Imagine if they re-released Captain America: The First Avenger as a black-and-white film…
Except for the last scene….
THAT WOULD BE PERFECT CAN WE PLEASE GET MARK RUFFALO TO SEE THIS BECAUSE HE WILL TALK FOR US PLEASE
I’m sick of magical worlds with no technology. I want fairy run coffee shops where you can get a latte with a shot of charisma, because you’ve got a big presentation you’re worried about, or witches working at Apple selling phones that automatically appear in your pocket if you accidentally leave it somewhere, or psychics running hair salons who always know how you want your hair to look, or aura reader therapists. I just really want normalized magic in modern society
The answer is NO.
The “fact” that junk food is cheaper than real food has become a reflexive part of how we explain why so many Americans are overweight, particularly those with lower incomes. I frequently read confident statements like, “when a bag of chips is cheaper than a head of broccoli …” or “it’s more affordable to feed a family of four at McDonald’s than to cook a healthy meal for them at home.”
this bullshit fills me with a very specific kind of rage. so, TIME TO DEBUNK!
- that meal from mcdonalds takes virtually no time to acquire AND is available almost anywhere.
- the second meal? that “salad” is lettuce … with nothing else, not even dressing unless its just olive oil or some milk i guess? gross.
- also thats the price of each serving, not an entire loaf of bread, a bottle of olive oil, etc. that stuff adds up which means you have to have a lot of money at one time to buy it all.
- that meal probably took an hour and a half to make, which is a long fucking time when you work multiple jobs or are caring for a lot of people or dont have help! seriously, if you are a single parent of three who works, is spending an hour and a half every night preparing a meal a likely option?
- same with beans and rice! also, you know whats a fucking bummer? eating beans and rice every night because you are poor. ask any person who has done it and they will tell you (you can start with me).
- there is a “nutrition” argument here that lacks a follow up: poor people are more likely to be doing physical labor and need more than 571 calories per meal.
- you know who is less likely to know how to bake or prepare a chicken? people without access to the internet, or libraries, or who werent taught how to by their parents because their parents worked all the time. access to healthy foods is a classist issue and classism is cyclical, you fucking morons.
- seriously, these sorts of infographics make me want to fucking flip tables. do you know why people don’t eat more fresh fruits and vegetables? because fresh fruits and vegetables are expensive, because they take a long time to prepare, because they dont live near a grocery store that has a decent produce section, because they dont have reliable transportation to get groceries to and from the grocery store, because they dont have the energy to plan all of the shit that is involved in making healthy, intentional, filling, balanced meals. basically: poor people get fucked, and then we get BLAMED for being lazy.
- eating “healthy”, aka access to fresh fruits and vegetables, is a privilege, first, foremost, always. so fuck you new york times and your ignorant goddamn infographic.
- there are SYSTEMATIC REASONS that we do not have equal access to fresh fruits and vegetables. they are very REAL problems. besides, you know, systematic poverty in america, the total mis-distribution of farm subsidies is a perfect place to start. read about that, then either get bent or start working on the actual problem.
my mom used to give me shit about eating frozen food too much in college. She’d ask if I bought vegetables. But when you have no food, 15 dollars and you don’t get paid for three more days, fruit and vegetables are not an option. a bag of burritos I can buy for $4 and eat 3-5 meals out of? yeah. a frozen pizza so dinner costs $1.50. sure. a container of blueberries that barely constitutes a snack for 7-8 bucks? no chance.
Join Link on a journey to claim the land of Hyrule and beyond with the Legend Of Zelda Collector’s Edition of MONOPOLY.
Available for pre-order at Forbidden Planet!
I think this is what scientist thought when they found Steve Rogers…
When I say I want to read the book before seeing the movie, I don’t want brownie points or bragging rights. I want to be able to read the book with my imagined world and idea of the characters without the movie’s influence at least once. After you see the movie there’s always some part of it that sticks in your head for a long time and you lose the enjoyment of making it up yourself.
thank you so much for putting it into words
That time Peter Parker was trained by Natasha Romanoff.
It’s a spider thing
It’s a spider thing
Don’t you love how Peter can do it with his calves but Natasha has to use her inner thighs. This whole equality thing is great.
Thighs are stronger than calves, and you can get a tighter grip, as well as have a higher chance of breaking things. Peter was intending to disarm, Natasha was ready to kill. Natasha is a trained assassin, and Peter is a student who works for a newspaper.
Given their backgrounds and experiences, it would be UNequal to have Peter using skills and disarming tactics that Natasha was trained to do so.
So yes, this whole equality thing is great.
This post is brilliant.
also peter has bALLS OK you dont want to SLAM YOUR FUCKING TESTICLES into someons fucking SKULL
Reblogging for last comment. Laughing for 3257865 years
This man is qualified to play as nightwing
This man is qualified to fuck me
I think he is qualified to be a helicopter too
And there ladies and gentlemen are the three sides of Tumblr: nerdy, horny, high
#SpiderGwen for #inktober! #spiderman